SING & INSPIRE & T-MOBILE
T-Mobile was introduced to Sing & Inspire by A&B Cymru in 2010. With investment from CultureStep, 234 Team Leaders and Managers at the Merthyr Tydfil call centre took part in Vocal Power training and a staff choir was formed. The training combines vocal health with improved use of language, tone and inclination. The impact of the partnership has exceeded all expectations:
- Customer satisfaction increased by 41%.
- Sickness levels reduced by 50% across the areas undergoing training. The business is now a market leader for attendance levels with sickness below 3%. This reduction has saved T-Mobile approximately £80,000 per year.
- Motivation and morale increased significantly in 100% of participants.100 employees joined the choir, making it the largest corporate choir in the UK.
- As a direct result of the partnership, the Merthyr site was awarded a Gold Investors in People Award.
- The site was awarded the Best Business Awards for Best Employer and Best Large Business.
- Discussions are now underway to roll out the project across the Everything Everywhere network (Orange and T-Mobile contact centres). With 6,000 employees across 5 UK sites, this could bring in substantial new income to a small Welsh company.