27th Arts & Business Cymru Awards 2020 - Commission
The A&B Cymru Awards exist to encourage, acknowledge and celebrate exemplary partnerships between business and the arts across Wales. A high quality and high profile event, the 27th ceremony will take place at Wales Millennium Centre on Friday 9 October 2020.
A&B Cymru wishes to commission 11 awards which will be presented to the winners of the various categories. An all-inclusive fee of £3,000 + VAT will be paid for this commission. The fee will cover all design, making, packaging and transportation costs.
Criteria for the design:
- The awards should be distinctive and suitable to celebrate a successful partnership between business and the arts;
- The awards should be attractive and of value to the recipients and should be suitable for display at the winners’ premises;
- 10 of the 11 awards should be stylistically similar but need not be identical. The 11th trophy will be presented to the Business of the Year and should therefore stand out from the others in some way;
- The awards should be easy to display at the ceremony, and of a size and weight that ensures that they can be comfortably presented and carried. The trophies should be between 9–14 inches high;
- Each award should be provided with packaging so that it can be transported by the winner;
- Each award must feature a phrase such as Arts & Business Cymru 2020 / Celfyddydau & Busnes Cymru 2020. The phrase can be incorporated into the design of the award itself or can be placed on a plinth if this is more appropriate;
- The first award must be delivered no later than Thursday 4 June. The remaining 10 awards must be delivered no later than Thursday 17 September;
- The artist must be willing to collaborate with A&B Cymru on any publicity associated with the commission;
- The commission is open to artists living and working in Wales or Welsh artists living and working elsewhere.