COVID-19 Helpful Tips
Below please find links and documents which provide advice and support in response to the current COVID-19 crisis.
Wales Coronavirus Policy Checker
£18m support for the culture, creative and sport sector announced by Welsh Government: https://gov.wales/18m-support-culture-creative-and-sport-sector-wales
The Welsh Government has announced an additional package of support for businesses hit by Coronavirus. More detail can be found here: https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice
The Development Bank of Wales are offering a three-month capital repayment holiday to their customers to help manage cash flow as the Coronavirus continues to develop. https://developmentbank.wales/coronavirus-support-welsh-businesses
The announcement on the Gov.uk website lists the various measures available and who is administering them https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses – it is comprehensive & updated as they add additional measures.
The ‘business interruption’ loan scheme (up to £5m loans) will launch next week and will be delivered through the British Business Bank and the BBB link is: https://www.british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/coronavirus-business-interruption-loan-scheme-cbils/
Two schemes involving the Bank of England. The measures on 11th March included a term funding scheme aimed at SMEs delivered via the banks: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news/2020/march/boe-measures-to-respond-to-the-economic-shock-from-covid-19. Ask your bank about support.
The Association of British Insurers have issued a statement on business insurance cover here and have a COVID-19 Q&A here which includes business insurance, trade credit, income protection and pensions and investments.
Other useful links:
- Visit Wales: have a dedicated COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates and key links for businesses and industry: https://www.visitwales.com/coronavirus
- For those involved with charities: https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/coronavirus-what-charities-need-to-know.html
- Emergency Funds News from Richard Newton Consulting (Click here for PDF)
- Financial Support for Businesses and Staff (Click here for PDF)
- COVID-19 Business Fact Sheet from Blake Morgan: https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/covid-19-business-fact-sheet/
- Click here for information from Companies House regarding the planned 3-month extension period to file accounts during COVID-19.
- Click here for information on the Help Musicians Coronavirus Financial Hardship Fund
- You can access the GoodFinance Resource Hub for Charities & Social Enterprises here
- Click here for information on the Welsh Government's new £500m Economic Resilience Fund
Mental Health & Self Isolation
Guidance for businesses and employers to respond to COVID-19
Baldwins tips for Trustees (Click here for PDF)