Could your organisation benefit from working with a business leader of the future?
A&B Cymru’s Young Professionals on Boards (YPB) gets business leaders of the future involved at the sharp end of the arts by placing them on the Boards of vibrant cultural organisations.
In a competitive environment, business acumen can have a major impact on an arts organisation’s Board, helping to ensure the long term health of the creative sector.
YPB enables promising, talented employees (aged 21-35 years) to play a key role in the success and sustainability of arts organisations by contributing their skills, energy and expertise. In return, they will extend their horizons, increase their confidence and enhance their management skills.
How it works
A&B Cymru carefully matches participants with arts organisations seeking to strengthen their Board with business expertise. Organisations can access specific skills in areas such as finance, law, HR or marketing, while others seek an overall business perspective.
The YPB process works as follows:
- The arts organisation’s CEO and / or Chair completes the YPB application form and attends a one-to-one diagnostic interview in order to identify the specific skills, needs and commitment required;
- The CEO and Chair of the arts organisation are invited to attend an A&B Cymru half-day induction;
- A&B Cymru identifies an individual believed to be well suited to the Board. Prior to this, the individual will attend a half-day governance training seminar to ensure they understand the roles and responsibilities of a non-executive Director;
- If the placement is of interest to both parties, a meeting is arranged to discuss the opportunity in more detail;
- The participant attends a Board meeting as an observer;
- If the match is agreed, a suitable Mentor will be identified from the arts organisation’s existing Board to support the participant;
- A&B Cymru will also support the participant and organisation throughout the Board term;
- The participant will be invited to be a member of the YPB Forum which meets quarterly in creative and stimulating arts environments. Organisations participating in YPB will be given the opportunity to host a meeting if appropriate.
Eligibility & Price
The pilot stage of YPB will run from Autumn 2018 – Autumn 2019 and is available exclusively to Arts Members of A&B Cymru based in South East Wales.
Participation is free of charge.
Should you be interested in participating in YPB, please contact Goody Allsobrook on 029 2030 3023 or by e-mail Goody.Allsobrook@AandBCymru.org.uk